Saturday, January 16, 2021

UnExplained Light in the Universe-What Is It? Look in Genesis

I just loved the subject of the last blog entry about scientists finding unexplainable light in the Universe. Light where there should be darkness. As I explained in the previous blog post on January 1st of this new year, I got very excited about it. It seemed to me that astronomers and physicists had stumbled upon the "light" of the Cosmic Christ. I have studied (and given talks) on the works of Pierre Teilhard de Chardin (French Jesuit priest, theologian, scientist, author and more) and of course he wrote and spoke a lot about the Cosmic Christ and his explanations have given me great hope on the spiritual journey. He died in 1955, but his thought through his works is very much alive. He found a way to integrate science with religion, especially Christianity. 

So unexplained light in the Universe had me thinking, Jesus said clearly, "I am the light." "I am the light of the world." 

I belong to a couple of Scripture study groups. I love Scripture study and couldn't live without the "nourishment" I get from them. One of the groups that meets on Zoom (for the present time), has just begun reading "Genesis." And so right there in the opening words of the Bible, "The Story of Creation," begins like this...

"In the beginning, when God created the heavens and the earth-and the earth was without form or shape, with darkness over the abyss and a mighty wind sweeping over the waters-Then God said: Let there be light and there was light. God saw that the light was good. God then separated the light from the darkness. God called the light "day: and the darkness he called "night". Evening came and morning followed-the first day."

The first day in the opening words of the Bible we find the creation of light. Light in the Universe, light in our world. Light. Thousands of years later, after God's inspired Word was written down, scientists find unexplainable light in the dark recesses of the Universe......Love it!!

Nancy