Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Moving Towards Herd Immunity and What We Have Gained from the Pandemic Year


"Do not gloat over me, my enemy! Though in darkness, the Lord will be my light!" (Micah 7:8-9)

I love that quote from Scripture...I love to journal using Scripture passages and I will certainly use that one. My friend who is a psychologist recently wrote an article for the Church bulletin beginning her article with that quote so I'll borrow it! She wrote about surviving the pandemic and 2020 and what we have lost and what we have gained. There have been some silver linings, for those of us who have survived. It was an unimaginable year, but prayer and my deep faith (and my granddaughters who give me joy), helped me through it.  Everyone got through it in their own ways. Sadly, tragically there was too much loss and sadness. 
This Sunday I will attend a virtual baby shower on Zoom, its a whole new world and so many of us were "forced" online for Scripture study, meetings and celebrations. 
The Lord is certainly my light, my go to friend, the one I can trust in good times and bad. And so as we all march forward into the future, hopefully a future full of hope (and herd immunity!) we can breathe a sigh of relief that the worst is behind us and a technologically advanced world is coming quickly and we will all have to adjust to the "new normal." We will just have to bring God with us into this new future that awaits. 
Nancy