Sunday, November 22, 2020

Who Knew What We Were Headed Into? A Coronavirus "Storm"

 Last Thanksgiving was a beautiful family holiday....sitting around my dining room table with relatives and my immediate family it was a memorable Thanksgiving. And yet in only a few months, everyone's world would drastically change as Covid-19 bore down on the world. Who could have known that 2020 would be such an anxious, surreal and tragic year?

I precisely love my deep faith because as the world plunged into uncertainty and despair I could rely on my faith in God, my deep prayer life and thank God too for Catholic TV programming, including the televised Mass which kept me grounded and growing in faith through it all. 

So this Thanksgiving will be a quiet holiday, no large family gathering. And we can only hope that the vaccine that is being developed will be safe, effective and readily available, so we can all put this "nightmare" behind us. 

My granddaughters give me great joy, but something else has given me happiness of late and it is something material. I purchased Andrea Bocelli's new CD, "Believe." It is excellent and I especially love his rendition of "Hallelujah." If you haven't heard it, please listen to it and be inspired as I have been. It's quite beautiful. Hallelujah or Alleluia means "Praise God." So listening to the song, enables you to praise God while listening to good music. I love being able to multi-task. 

Happy Thanksgiving!

NJA