Wednesday, August 15, 2018

The Latest Grand Jury Report on Sexual Abuse from PA-Evil In The Church

Words cannot suffice to express the disgust and disappointment I feel after reading the front page New York Times article (8/15/18) entitled, "Church Hid Abuse of 1,000 Children Grand Jury Finds." This is beyond disgusting, deplorable, negligent, evil.
So the article goes, "Bishops and other leaders of the Roman Catholic Church in Pennsylvania covered up child sexual abuse by more than 300 priests over a period of 70 years, persuading victims not to report the abuse and law enforcement not to investigate it, according to a searing report issued by a grand jury on Tuesday." Some of the individual reports and accounts are so disgusting it makes me want to vomit. The Times called it-"A Catalog of Horrors"
A front page article in the Times which we subscribe to,  means I have to discuss it with my husband because he will see it and once again tell me this is one of the reasons he doesn't go to Church on a regular basis.  But lately it's worse because he wants to stop the donations we give to my local parish. Of course I defend my local parish and its good priests but this on going embarrassing, deplorable sexual abuse crisis is doing damage beyond what anyone, at this present time, can imagine.
God weeps, God has been weeping because to use such a beautiful religion and the beauty of the teachings of Jesus Christ and tarnish it to such an evil degree and to ignore not only the teachings of Christ but the law, is criminal.
For all the faithful, like me, who continue to go to Church and support it and believe in its power to do good and transform society, I just hope we can get past these latest sickening reports.
NJA