Friday, October 19, 2018

Reason To Hope-Kim Jong-un Extends Invitation to Pope Francis

For the people, religious, priests and bishops of South Korea and others who have been praying for the people of North Korea,  and the conversion of Kim Jong-un, I consider it a miracle that South Korea's President relayed to the Pope at a meeting, at the Vatican this week, that Kim Jong-un would like Pope Francis to visit North Korea. What? Can it really be true?
After watching a documentary about North Korea about two years ago, I've been praying for the repentance and conversion of Kim Jong-un, since the people of North Korea are not free to worship God openly or read the Bible or take part in religious services. Sadly, Christians and Christian missionaries are persecuted in North Korea, and apparently there are thousands suffering in labor camps. According to a U.S. Commission on International Religious Freedom, "The North Korean government's approach to religion and belief is among the most hostile and repressive in the world." Watching the documentary, it struck me that North Koreans have to have a picture of Kim Jong-un in their house to honor. I thought when I watched the show on CNN, wouldn't it be wonderful if Christ's picture could be hung alongside Kim Jong-un. I brought it up at my prayer group and we prayed for those suffering oppression in North Korea and for the conversion of Kim Jong-un. And I continue to pray.......
So when I heard this news, I was beside myself. It sounded too good to be true.
Let us all pray for the repentance and conversion of Kim Jong-un and the people of North Korea and for all those suffering in labor camps. I pray the Pope will visit North Korea for an historic meeting between the leaders,  and be able to help the imprisoned Christians there.  Pope Francis can witness to faith and belief in God and all the benefits that brings and give hope to Christians in that part of the world.
It's such wonderful, hope-filled news!
NJA