Wednesday, October 25, 2017

My Mystical Story-Mysticism Exists

My book, that is now available on Amazon and Kindle, is a true story about a mystical experience I had many years ago, when I was a young mother, living in Brooklyn, living a seemingly ordinary life. It's difficult for me to even write the title of the book, because it will sound, at first, outrageous....believe me the self-publishing of this book takes a lot of courage for me, because it is so unusual. But I made the decision to tell this personal story of a religious experience I had many years ago in a Brooklyn church and I've done it. No turning back. As I write in the book, we don't always get to choose what happens to us in life, some things just happen and we have no control over them. That's what happened to me. You'll have to believe that mysticism exists, that mystical experiences can happen to ordinary Catholics, just like that for no apparent reason, if you're going to read my book. God is God and sometimes God acts in mysterious ways that we can't understand.
I have a lot of quotes in the book and one that I particularly like is from Karl Rahner, S.J., who was a brilliant German Jesuit theologian (1904-1984).
He wrote a lengthy quote on this subject and many more about mysticism but I shortened it for the book:
"But in any case, it is true that mysticism exists and it is not as remote from us, as we are at first tempted to assume." (Theological Investigations 18)
So this is the title of my book:  
"The Vision of Christ in St. Columba Church Brooklyn" by N. J. Azzaro, M.S.
So now you know.
NJA