Tuesday, September 12, 2017

The Feast of the Most Holy Name of Mary and My Creative Spirit

I pray on this Feast of the Most Holy Name of Mary that people in the Caribbean who are suffering because of catastrophic damage from Hurricane Irma and people in the Southeastern U.S., who are living without electricity and some with damaged homes, will quickly find hope, help and relief.
This feast of Mary began in Spain in 1513. The holy name of Mary is powerful because Mary is the Mother of God and has a special motherly bond with Jesus. Mary is the holy, receptive vessel which brought forth the Christ-child into the world. Her purity, holiness and goodness was the perfect channel for God. Richard of St. Laurence wrote, "There is not such powerful help in any name, nor is there any other name given to men, after that of Jesus, from which so much salvation is poured forth upon us, as from the name of Mary."

It is on this day, a few days after the Nativity of Mary, that I finally completed my book. A book years in the writing, a book that was difficult for me to write, but I did it anyway. I am self-publishing the book because at this time, in modern history, I can do that. It makes it easier for me, though more costly, since I needed some help with the formatting and cover etc. It will be published through CreateSpace.
 I edited it myself which was tedious. It is taking some courage to have this published. It's about my spiritual journey.  In a few weeks, hopefully, I will have a completed copy in my hands and it will be available on Amazon. I was born on the Nativity of Mary and so it is fitting it would be finished in the month of September. The book is entrusted to Mary, under her title of "Our Lady of Mt. Carmel."
NJA