Thursday, June 12, 2014

Seminary of the Immaculate Conception, Huntington-Garden Tour

One of the many things I do is to support the Seminarians studying in Dunwoodie, at St. Joseph's Seminary in Yonkers.  The organization I belong to that helps the Seminarians through our prayers and fundraising also helps the Seminary of the Immaculate Conception in Huntington, Long Island which is now a learning and retreat center. In any event, I belong to the "Friends of the Seminary" a volunteer group of men and women who have been in existence for 25 years. I joined them about 8 years ago. My term as "President" just ended but I am still involved and love going to the Seminary in Huntington since it is such a beautiful, peaceful and spiritual place.  I love the chapel it is magnificent.
Yesterday we held a Garden Tour and Luncheon which we've done for the past three years.  Three homeowners in the area gave us permission to have "friends" tour their beautiful gardens and then everyone (over 140 people) went to the Seminary to see the beautiful rose garden and then have lunch and fun as there were raffles and auctions
.
Everyone had a great time. Msgr. Richard Henning, the rector was there to offer thanks and lead us in prayer.
Here are some pictures from the day: I'm not in any picture in case you're wondering...just friends.