Thursday, March 28, 2013

The Beauty of Christ

As we enter into this most holy time of the Church year, it is good to think about the goodness and beauty of Christ. It has been said that you have to "catch Christianity" and I've repeated that often. I certainly "caught it," as a young child. There was something happening in the Church, at Mass, that captured my religious imagination and gave me the desire to search my whole life and try to respond to God's initiative, God's call.  So this journey that I have been on, is because I felt something very good, when I received the sacraments, whenever I was in Church and it touched my soul and gave me the desire to respond to what I felt. I think of all the Church documents that state that evangelizers and teachers of the faith must put children and adults "in communion with Jesus Christ." That is what is necessary for ongoing conversion and transformation.
As I watch "The Bible" miniseries on the History Channel, Christ's goodness, beauty and compassion can be seen and Jesus is a compelling figure in the show, as He has remained for over 2,000 years.
We try to get it right, we try to live good, holy Christian lives and yet Jesus kept focused on doing the will of the Father, each and every day of his life on earth.
The saints say that is true holiness, finding out what God's will is for you and fulfilling it.
Jesus did it. We keep trying.
May these days of prayer, lift you up to Jesus and give you inner strength and courage. May you feel the love and fulfillment of knowing Christ and being Christian.

Holy Triduum! Happy, Blessed Easter!
NJA

I have come that they might have life and have it to the full.