Tuesday, March 15, 2011

The World Needs Prayers

I'm just too sad about what's happening in Japan to write. I've lost my creativity for the time being. My heart goes out to the Japanese people, who are dealing remarkably well with a horrific situation. I watch the images of the 9.0 earthquake and the tsunami that hit Japan and I can't believe my eyes. It looks like footage from a doomsday movie. Recently, the history channel showed a "documentary" titled "2012." It's filled with so-called ancient prophecies about the end times and doomsday scenarios. I watched it out of curiosity and also to see what children are viewing on TV. I've been told by parents that many children and preteens talk about the documentary and the end times in school, at the lunch table. One parent told me her son told her, "The world is going to end in 2012." He didn't say, "It might end." Kids are talking about this. And then there are the real and very frightening images they see on TV. Between the tragic and scary events happening in Japan (the nuclear crisis is very serious) as well as the uncertainty and violence in the Middle East and I can't believe the mess the world is in. It's just depressing seeing and thinking about what people have to deal with and the pain and anguish they have to go through.
My prayers are with the Japanese people and also with those in the Middle East who are struggling for a better life. I hope and pray things don't get worse. We are living through uncertain times. Prayer is needed more than ever.
NJA