Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter!-Alleluia!

God exists:that is the real message of Easter. Anyone who even begins to grasp what this means also knows what it means to be redeemed. (Pope Benedict)

For those of us who celebrate the greatest feast of all-Easter-we know that God exists because we view the world with "eyes of faith," because we love God and see God's action in other people, in our magnificent rituals, in God's word. 
As I get ready to attend Easter Sunday morning Mass with my family, I am grateful this day for the sunshine (the sun is finally shining in NY), for my family, my extended family who will be coming to Easter dinner today. It will be a typical Italian Easter feast. And I will be frying up my famous rice balls in a few hours, which will make everyone happy. Food is love! 
Jesus is risen-Alleluia! Hope and joy reigns. Not despair, not misunderstanding but hope. Hope is essential to the life of a Christian. Hope is what belief gives. Hope in Jesus, hope in eternal life, hope in the mystery which surrounds us. May the Easter Season be one of joy and hope for all Christians, especially you! Christ is victorious!
NJA
This is the day the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad!
Thanks be to God who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ!