Thursday, December 21, 2017

Merry Christmas 2017-Blessed New Year

I hope and pray that you have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! How blessed we are to believe in God, worship God and have Jesus near. There is no better gift, no greater advantage in life than to have the living God as friend, Savior and Redeemer.
As I get older and take stock of all I have been given, as I have followed the spiritual journey with and in Christ, I am amazed. I have been greatly blessed, on many levels. Of course, I have also had to suffer trials, be misunderstood, suffer terrible losses but I have always remained in hope.  I have never stopped praying or believing that God would turn things around. And God has in God's time and in His way.
The words  of St. Faustina, "Jesus I trust in you," that she was told by Jesus to have painted on the bottom of the painting of Divine Mercy are  a great comfort and words that should never be far from the lips of a Christian.
During trials in my life, I always knew that God would help, would strengthen me and be close to me. I always knew that God is full of mercy and compassion. At times waiting for God to act can require patience, and I like things to happen quickly. But that's not God's way.
When God does move, when the Spirit moves, you can get glimpses of the genius of God. As a person of deep faith but also as a person who likes to observe and analyze, I'm amazed by God's creative action. God will not be outdone. God is a God of justice and great mercy.
How blessed I am to know God. How blessed you are too!
NJA

I thank you Lord, with all my heart, you have heard the words of my mouth....I thank you for your faithfulness and love, which excel all we ever knew of you." (Psalm 138:1-3)