Friday, December 15, 2017

Advent 2017-Doing the Will of God

This has been an unusual Advent for me. All I have to do, (with just some effort) is watch God work in God's mysterious and powerful way and let things unfold according to God's will and plan. The Spirit is moving.....As you can see, (from the ad on this site), I have published a book on mysticism, on a mystical experience I had many years ago, when I was a young mother, living in the Marine Park section of Brooklyn. I had great fears about publishing this book and telling this unusual story.  I finally did it, as I became convinced that it was God's will and it is what God wanted me to do. Having read the saints over the years, I knew that they continually say that doing God's will and finding out what God's will is for your life, is crucial and of most importance on the spiritual journey. Doing the will of God will ultimately bring peace, fulfillment and depth of meaning to one's life. And of course it is necessary to trust in God.
However, before I actually put the finishing touches on the book and sent it off, a fear overcame me. Friends tried to calm me but I didn't know how the book would be received and that concerned me.  And of course, there can still be some doubt and negativity. But amazingly, my family and Church friends who have read the book (and even some reviewers on Amazon), like the book and find it inspiring.  Praise God!
So the fear has left me because what I have come to understand is that you will always be taking a risk when you do the will of God, it will never be easy and you just have to go with it and pray, which is what I did. And as people have positive reactions, I see that the fear was probably from the "evil one," trying to stop the process or dare I say, a lack of trust in God. (Sorry about that God!)
But God's holy will is in progress, everything is unfolding according to God's plan and for that I am very grateful this Advent.
NJA