Saturday, February 9, 2013

Nemo The Snowstorm and Love Quotes

Since we are in the midst of digging out of a major snowstorm in the Northeast and I've just spent time shoveling snow and cleaning off my car, I started thinking of thoughts which could lift my spirits. Since it is close to Valentine's Day and also the beginning of Lent, I thought I would share some quotes about the importance of love. After all, the entire New Testament can be summed up in one word and that word is love. Jesus's life was filled with love, love for God the Father, love for his disciples and apostles and love for the most forgotten and marginalized in society. Jesus spoke of love and acted with love and sadly the world still doesn't get his important message (for the most part). NJA

Love one another as I have loved you.  (John 15:12)

Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength...
(Dt. 6:5)

I am united forever to God whom I have loved with all the strength of my heart. 
(St. Therese of Lisieux)

The supreme happiness in life is the conviction that we are loved.  (Victor Hugo)

Earth laughs in flowers.  (Ralph Waldo Emerson)

I have found the paradox, that if you love until it hurts, there can be no more hurt, only more love.
(Blessed Mother Teresa)

Where there is love, there is life.  (Mahatma Gandhi)

May the Lord make your love increase and overflow for each other and for everyone else.
(1 Th 3:12)

Let us always meet each other with a smile, for a smile is the beginning of love.
(Blessed Mother Teresa)