Monday, May 11, 2009

Williamsburg, Brooklyn for Brunch

I went to Williamsburg, Brooklyn for brunch with my family last weekend. I also wanted to see an art exhibit in a gallery on North 1st Street.  The exhibit was interesting, there were even a few religious pieces. Walking around Williamsburg on a warm Saturday afternoon is like being in a living, thriving, breathing, museum of sorts. 
We went to brunch at a great restaurant that I recommend called Juliette on North 5th St. between Bedford Ave. and Berry St. We sat in the outdoor rooftop garden terrace. The food was good, the atmosphere was great and the overall "scene" was interesting. You can people-watch, eat and converse at the same time, which is what everyone else was basically doing. 
The cheese store on Bedford had ravioli's for sale which were called Brooklyn Born Ravioli's. I wonder if they heard of my blog....There were a lot of street vendors selling books, jewelry and other items. I bought some old art calendars just to look through the old photographs in them, which I found interesting. They were a buy at $1.00 each. I love to shop at flea markets, you never know what you'll find. As I was walking along the crowded streets of Williamsburg, on a Saturday afternoon, I was thinking about a blog I wrote a couple of weeks ago about trying to evangelize young, urban adults living in trendy neighborhoods such as Williamsburg and even parts of Bushwick. From what I observed Saturday, the Church would have to be very creative and think outside the "box," to be successful in it's evangelization efforts. I wonder if there are creative missionaries out there who would be interested in the challenge? 
Anyhow, if you read my blog entries, thank you! I appreciate that you are interested in my writing. I am trying, at this stage of my life, to develop my writing ability and so keeping up the blog is a good way for me to express myself and be creative. Since I put a lot of time into my writing, it helps if people appreciate it and perhaps gain something positive from it. But in any event, I'm taking a break from blogging for a couple of weeks. I'm going to visit my cousin, when I return, I'll begin blogging again. So check back in a couple of weeks......
NJA
A quote for the month of May about Mary
In dangers, in doubts, in difficulties, think of Mary; call upon Mary. Let not her name depart from your lips; never suffer it to leave your heart....while she holds your hand, you cannot fall.  St. Bernard